My first flash game…

Over the past 2 weeks, I have been working on a Flash game. I have had a couple of issues with loading my game because of different versions of software, so I had to start from scratch last week because my game bugged out and wouldn’t let me test it. The same thing happened this week, however this time it’s definitely my fault because I edited the game while I was in a different room without thinking. Even though the game won’t work, I can still get some screenshots from editor mode

I have learned that I need to be careful when I edit the background, because a couple of times I have not been on the right thing and half of the background has been connected to the player. I have also learned how to use a graphics tablet, which I used to create the player and the goal sprites. I have also learned lots about editing the maze, however this doesn’t show in Moth Escape because I didn’t get around to it yet.

I hit lots of obstacles along the way, the first being that while creating my first game, I broke the tween in the final level, and couldn’t work out how to fix it. I went away to research how to fix it, however when I came back, my game wasn’t working at all, so I never got a chance to fix it. My second obstacle was the game itself breaking, however this was due to software limitations and so to fix it, I just started again from scratch with a new story and game. When I came to work on my game today, I realised that I made the mistake of saving over my new game again in another room, which means that I still don’t have a working game, however this time, more thought was put into the design of the background, the player, and the goal. I’m still not sure how to fix this, so my game is not playable, but I’m sure I’ll work it out.

My game is called Moth Escape, and the aim of the game is to guide the moth out of the window without bumping into any flames. It isn’t the most creative game ever because I spent ages on my first game and then lost it, so the main story of this game is not ultra creative, however it’s original. Admittedly, I haven’t changed the maze itself in this game, because most of my time was spent on getting to grips with backgrounds, the player, and the goal, however I did play around with the colours and created a gradient fill to look like fire. The player and the goal were drawn using a graphics tablet, which is a new skill to me, and the background is supposed to be a wood floor which I created by using lots and lots of rectangles.

gamescreenshot1

gamescreenshot2.png

gamescreenshot3.png

gamescreenshot4.png

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s