I spent the past few days working on a couple of things so that they would be done by Monday, so that I can be more productive in lessons.
The first thing that I sorted was some last minute organisation on the lanterns. I decided that I’d make the background lanterns on separate layers in case I decided to animate those moving too. I then made progress on the Tailor’s art, because I figured that if I got the art done at home, my time at college could be spent animating.
Using the photobash ready images, I painted and blended over them with specific colours and tones so that the room would look the way I intended. Ebonny said that the tailor’s is supposed to be quite dark and uninviting, so I made all of the furniture dark wood to try and fit this theme. I made all of the background fabric with desaturated toned colours so that everything looks dark by tone, and not just dark colours. I felt like this was too harsh, so I picked a fairly light colour with slight desaturation for the walls so that it would compliment it. I also used some of my insight to add shadows behind the front desk area on things, as precaution in case the animation causes that part to be visible.
Lastly, I made a mockup page for the artbook based on what Ebonny said the pages would look like, just in case nobody else made one yet. It may not be right, but I tried my best to follow what Ebonny last said she wanted. I don’t have any of the actual text for the casino, so that is lame placeholder text (ultra professional, I know right).
(Also accidentally left the guide lines in oops) The first thing that Ebonny specified was that everyone needed to have a box in the top right corner with the title in, so I made this first. She didn’t specify how the box needed to look, so I took a gold colour and used it as a border since it’s a nice accent colour. Ebonny also said that she wanted the maps on little sheets of paper like in a dungeons and dragons book, so I tried my best to make this look like one of the ones from the book. The book also has a sort of messy painted effect on some of the art, so I decided to try and replicate this for the page I made. Also chose a font that is clear to read and that looks aesthetically pleasing with the rest of the page, but might need re-scaling for readability. I am quite proud of this contribution, it will definitely look better once I get my hands on the actual text, but overall I like how it looks. If Ebonny works out how the pages want to look and it’s different, it is no big deal and not too much time wasted, but this was fun to experiment with. At least we have something to show if artbook contributions come up, because after all polish can change everything, so at least we have a starting place that is in the google drive for people to dissect and edit for their own art.
Honestly, I haven’t talked with the group since my last post, but I figure everything is going well. Everyone was keeping their time well last I checked, so that is probably okay, and everything seems to be on track, so for now I have no quarrels. I think we need to start having Friday scrum meetings again, and I will bring this up on Monday, because one scrum meeting a week probably isn’t enough, but we’ll work on it.